I’ve written on a range of lifestyle subjects, from managing global risk for Planet Earth magazine, to a career survival guide and explaining how social networking can help small businesses for Today’s Business Woman. I’ve also explored international Christmas markets for Perfect Christmas and investigated the morality of estate agents for Home Angels.
I’ve freelanced at a few health publications – including the health section of Take a Break, Zest Magazine, Top Sante and Fitness Angels – and enjoy hunting out the best stories and writing them up in a fun and accessible way. In the past I’ve enjoyed interviewing celebrities about various health issues, as well as leading doctors and health professionals.
My biog pieces about Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent for Arts and Collections magazine are amid the most prized in my portfolio. These, and my previews of art exhibitions and forthcoming art books, show an acute and earnest side to my writing.
I enjoy a challenge and with my enthusiasm and tenacity I’ve proven I can write on any subject in an authoritative and entertaining way.
I’ve also written for The Newcastle Evening Chronicle, The Burton Mail and The Derbyshire Telegraph.
Editor / Sub Editor
As a past Deputy Editor for both the UK and US editions of Wellbeing published in association with the Royal College, and the American College, of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, I know my health and fitness.
I’ve also worked as a Sub Editor on some of the UK’s top titles including…
- heat (my Sixth Form yearbook ambition ticked off!)
- BBC Good Food Magazine
- Pregnancy and Birth
- X Factor Magazine
In the past I’ve worked as Content Editor for HostelBookers.com and the Content and Social Media Manager for gapyear.com.
I now write freelance for a range of websites.
- 10 of the Coolest Things to Do in Cuba
- How to Take a Gap Year When You’re 30+
- 8 Foods in Israel You Simply Have to Try
- Are Gap Years Just for Toffs to Build Toilets?
- 7 Things To Do Besides Take Photos
- How to Keep a Travel Blog While Travelling
- A Backpacker’s Guide to the Gili Islands
- A Guide to Awesome Skiing in Japan
- How to Prepare Your Phone for a Gap Year
- 13 Incredible Stops on a Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip
- 7 More Things to Do on the Gold Coast than Just Visiting Surfer’s Paradise
- What it’s really like to go on safari
- Exploring Alice Springs
- 9 Things to Do in Litchfield National Park, Darwin
- The Festival Highlight of South Australia: The Royal Adelaide Show
- Tracking Down Celebrities in LA